Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Aloha Zoo - North Carolina

As I mentioned, during our weekend trip to North Carolina we visited the Aloha Zoo. It's a zoo for rescued animals. They have many different varieties of animals and there's a unique story about how the zoo acquired each one.


We saw a baby wolf, a baby tiger, and some very new baby pigs. We also petted monkeys and fed and petted goats until a riot occurred over a brown paper bag. You see, we bought food to feed the animals. There were so many goats that we emptied our bag quickly, but the goats wanted more. One reached out for the bag and I allowed him to nibble it a little. My sister-in-law told me to stop, but I don't listen well. A few seconds later a herd of goats, cows and other animals came running to the fence to get in on the excitment. I put the bag in the trash, but not before Autumn was sneezed on by a cow. Apparently, we can't go to a zoo without being the receipent of an animal's bodily fluids. Remember, when we went here.














1 comment:

Autumn said...

Great re-cap!!!
(And the blog looks awesome!)