Wednesday, December 24, 2008

I am thankful for...

Daniel! I have the best husband ever!! I know I don't say this often enough and especially to Daniel. Daily, I am thankful that I have been blessed with such a wonderful person who is my best friend, my lifelong partner and the best daddy to our little boy. In the upcoming year, Daniel and I will celebrate our ten year wedding anniversary. First, I can't believe how old we're getting, but then again, I am thankful and confident that I will grow old with my best friend.

This past year, we've experienced the greatest joy of becoming parents! It is hard to put into words how much happiness Noah brings into our lives. If you ask Daniel or myself we will both tell you that becoming parents isn't all a bowl full of cherries, it is often VERY HARD work! We knew this and we read many books in preparation for Noah's arrival, but nothing could prepare either of us for what we've experienced in the 10 short months since Noah's birth. Nor, do I think, that we can prepare for the joys we will experience in the years to come. As I've said, Daniel is a great Dad and helps with Noah without being asked, and I didn't expect anything less. I know I don't tell him emough how thankful I am.

Also, since Noah's birth Daniel has been busy working his full-time job as faculty at Kennesaw State University, working with Georgia Psychlogical Association, writing a Psychology text book and the 100 other things I don't have time to list. With much excitement, Daniel and Jeff, the book's co-author, have completed the full 19 chapters! Wohoo! I know, there will be revisions, but the book is done for now! For those of you who have spent any time with us in the past year, you know that Daniel has worked endless Saturdays and any other 'free' moment working on his half of the book. The book will most likely be released 2010 after all reviews and revisions are completed. I am thankful for Daniel's determination and hard work he puts forth in all that he does.

Daniel, I love you and appreciate everything you do!

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

You do have a good one April! I forgot about the book...very impressive!!