Tuesday, April 8, 2008

A Visit from Southern California


















































So, this is my first time posting to the blog and I’m only a week and a half late posting! I’ve been enjoying Daniel’s comments just as everyone else has, but thought I should share in posting.

We had a SUPER week with Aunt Autumn and Cousin Elijah visiting us all the way from Southern California! We stayed in our pajamas everyday until noon or later, so it was nice just to spend time together. Don’t be mistaken, we did leave the house and went to Chick-Fila, Target, Kohl’s, the grocery store and Elijah’s favorite Jason’s Deli. Noah loved being held and sleeping on Elijah’s chest. We were also glad that we were able to celebrate Elijah’s 9th birthday with him with a family get together at our house on Friday. Sonny and Diane (Elijah’s other grandparents) came from Pensacola and Baba and Papa came from South Carolina. We had BBQ and all the fixings from Williamson Bros. and, of course, cake and ice cream.

Daniel had to leave on Thursday morning to go to New Orleans to a conference, but we were glad he was able to spend a few days with the gang!

We were sad for the week to end! Noah and I spent the week getting back in our routine, if there is such a thing with a newborn and being thankful for family. We’re keeping our fingers crossed that Dan, Autumn and Elijah will be moving back East sometime in the near future.

2 comments:

Autumn said...

Yes!! Now that's a good posting!! We sure do miss you guys!

Rhonda said...

Sounds like a good spring break to me! I bet you couldn't pry that little fellow off his Aunt Autumn!! :)